1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Nurse III Advanced Practice Registered Nurse executes position responsibilities that demonstrate experience and creative approaches to management of complex patient care.
Nursing care is the dynamic and skilled application of a systematic body of knowledge to the diagnosis and treatment of actual or potential health problems.
As described in the ANA Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice (2nd ed.) (1998), competent nursing care is provided in the context of the nursing process. The nursing process encompasses all significant action taken by the nurse in providing care and forms the foundation of clinical decision-making.
- Nursing care is the dynamic and skilled application of a systematic body of knowledge to the diagnosis and treatment of actual or potential health problems.
- Demonstrates the ability to initiate all necessary significant actions in providing care and forms the foundation of clinical decision-making.
- Functions within a defined scope of practice.The APRN provides specialty and/or primary health care within the Extended Care Service Line.The APRN primarily function as direct care providers and/or expert clinicians but their activities may include education, research, consultation and administration.
- APRNs with prescriptive authority function within their written practice agreement as agreed upon with their collaborating physician. The APRN serves as an advocate for patients and is clinically supportive to staff.
- APRNs are expected to engage in professional role activities appropriate to their education, position, and practice setting.
- Incumbent will be able to set up or reprocess Reusable Medical Equipment (RME) as applicable and be certified annually on the specific equipment for which they are responsible.
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 3