Medical Lab Technician (MLT/ASCP)
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
As directed by Laboratory Manager, collects and processes laboratory specimens and evaluates their acceptability. Also performs basic laboratory procedures and limited testing procedures. As directed by the clinic staff, prepares patients for and takes x-rays.
- Prepares sterile media for use in growing bacterial cultures; incubates cultures; and makes preliminary identification of common types of bacterial cultures.
- Prepares solutions, reagents and stains following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Collect and process blood and urine specimens as requested.
- Under the supervision and direction of the Laboratory Manager performs basic laboratory testing and procedures.
- Sterilize instruments and maintain laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Document patient information gathered during testing procedures for each patient and provide to the treating Physician/Physician's Assistant/Nurse Practitioner as directed.
- Complies with HIPAA rules and maintains all patient information confidentially and securely.
- Successful completion of an Associate's degree in an approved Medical Laboratory Technician program and certified or certification eligible as Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) through the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
- Good computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other health care or business related software as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must hold and maintain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
This position will be require flexability to work between 7am - 7pm. We offer urgent care on the weekends, this position will be on a required rotating schedule for weekends and holidays.