Mammographer - PT
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Provides health screening services for patients; including SMSC Community members and their families, SMSC employees and their families, and Native Americans living in Scott County, within the mobile unit.
- Prepare patients for radiologic examinations by explaining the procedure, removing jewelry and other articles through which x rays cannot pass, and positioning patients so that the parts of the body can be appropriately radiographed.
- Performs mammograms as ordered by the health care professional, ensures images provide adequate detail for accurate reading, and assist Radiologist as needed.
- Document patient information gathered during the mammogram process and any relevant medical information for each patient within the confidential patient record.
- Cleans equipment and instruments as directed to ensure cleanliness at all times. Reports any equipment damage or malfunctions immediately.
- Monitors inventory of supplies and requests additional supplies as needed to avoid not having adequate supplies.
- Complies with HIPAA rules and maintains all patient information confidentially and securely.
- Successful completion of a Radiologic Technology program from a college or university approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Must be certified in Radiography and Mammography and currently registered by and in good standing with the ARRT.
- Knowledge of MQSA requirements.
- Good computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other health care or business related software as needed.
- On feet or standing 50% of time.
- Travel required 25% of time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must hold and maintain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
Special Working Conditions:
This positon will be needed to travel on our mobile unit for up to a week at any time throughout the year.