ASSISTANT NURSE MANAGER (3L Medical Telemetry Unit)
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
3L is a medical/telemetry unit with 28 beds. Common diagnoses include congestive heart failure, pneumonia, obstructive chronic bronchitis with exacerbation, acute renal failure and acute pancreatitis.Responsibilities
The Assistant Nurse Manager demonstrates a high level of clinical expertise, leadership, and creative approaches to management of complex care. In addition, applies skills necessary to identify, coordinate, and/or identify discipline-specific education, as well as training in leadership, professional staff development and emerging needs, to all levels of staff. This RN is provides first line supervision and oversight for the administration of leave, counseling and disciplinary actions for assigned staff in collaboration with the Nurse Manager.
The ANM assists in the design, implementation and evaluation of unit based Nursing programs and goals. These are congruent with the service mission, philosophy, policies and procedures and the Standards of Nursing Care and Practice. Administrative time will be provided as determined by the Nurse Manager. Major responsibilities include:
- Assists the Nurse Manager in managing patient care operation at the unit level
- Role models collaborative leadership and communicates effectively
- Monitors quality of patient care and nursing practice.
- Develops/provides education for staff to meet specific patient care needs on the unit.
- Participates in the unit based staffing methodology activities.
Other Expectations: Serve as Charge Nurse, which may include taking a modified patient assignment. Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status Yes Promotion Potential 3