Project Controls Analyst
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Project Controls Analyst
Minnkota Power Cooperative is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Controls Analyst located at our corporate headquarters in Grand Forks, ND.
The Project Controls Analyst is responsible for managing, monitoring and controlling a portfolio of projects, programs and work orders in the Power Delivery division. Proficient in the use of project management tools and practices, this position guides the daily, weekly, monthly and annual execution of system-wide transmission work.
Requires an Associates or Bachelor’s degree with a technical and business component. For more information regarding this job and our online application go to www.Minnkota.com. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
Minnkota Power Cooperative is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer
1. Develop and maintain resource loaded schedules for Minnkota portfolio
- Develop and maintain project schedules using Primavera P6 software
- Balance Minnkota resources across all corporate needs; capital and maintenance
- Set up project baselines to reflect initial estimate of resource requirements to later report against actuals
- Coordinate with operations planners and schedulers for upcoming work required and schedule adjustments required
- Work closely with project and portfolio managers on prioritization and scheduling of all capital projects and maintenance programs
2. Monitor project progress to track variances in scope, schedule and budget
- Coordinate with operations planners to regularly receive schedule progress updates
- Regularly report out of Oracle project costs and tie to project schedules
- Set up and maintain project and portfolio variance reports using advanced analytical tools such as earned value metrics and reporting
- Maintain portfolio governance and management committee KPIs as required
- Identify potential problems or risks to project managers and work on corrective actions
3. Manage risk and change control processes
- Help to identify where change control is required
- Support preparation and monitoring of the change control process
- Amend project schedules, resource plans, and budgets as required
4. Support project and program leads
- Develop project budgets and schedules, preliminary through final
- Set up regular scheduled reporting to be sent out to managers and stakeholders
- Analyze proposed corrective action plans to determine expected outcomes
- Support and maintain the risk matrix and identify when risks are triggered
5. Utilize Primavera P6 EPPM software
- Manage and maintain organizational breakdown structure (OBS), security profiles, user administration, and resource hierarchy within P6
- Maintain the enterprise project structure (EPS) to meet Minnkota’s current and future needs
- Develop and update the corporate work breakdown structure (WBS) for project schedules
- Support integration efforts with Sage estimate software, as well as Oracle
- Oversee user access and develop custom user views for efficient management of projects and portfolios
- Administer P6 team member web and timesheets mobile application for effective activity status updating and time tracking. Continually research new methods for project scheduling and reporting
- Building Effective Teams
- Decision Quality
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Process Management
- Strategic Agility
Goals and Objectives
An employee filling this role will meet changing and unique goals and objectives, as established by their supervisor, related to the broader area in which the employee is assigned.
Job Qualification Standards
Education and Training
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with a technical and business component
- PMP certification and/or MBA or MPM preferred
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of two years of industry experience with demonstrated increase in responsibility and complexity
- Experience in engineering and/or operations is preferred
- Experience with project scheduling tools (Microsoft Projects or Primavera P6) is preferred
- Previous project management experience on a multi-disciplined project is preferred
- Experience observing project schedules and budget constraints on diverse projects is preferred
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is primarily required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend and frequently utilize a keyboard/computer. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent will be required to problem solve, read, write and analyze data, work under schedules and deadline pressure, present information to others, work independently and use discretion and judgment for confidential or sensitive projects/issues.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to an office environment indoors, and will travel outdoors to multiple locations dependent on work.