Legal and Compliance Manager
Closing Date: 9/17/2018
Job Class: State Program Administrator Manager Senior
Salary Range: $35.74 hourly/$74,625 annually-$51.41hourly/$107,344 annually
The Minnesota Multistate Contracting Alliance for Pharmacy (MMCAP) is a free, voluntary group purchasing organization for national government healthcare facilities via its pharmaceutical and healthcare products and services business. MMCAP is operated by the State of Minnesota and within the Office of State Procurement Division of the Department of Administration.
MMCAP seeks a Legal and Compliance Manager to develop and coordinate a program to provide legal and technical assistance to MMCAP leadership, direct legal review across MMCAP’s departments and ensure contract compliance. This includes:
- Establish, implement, and lead a new Legal and Compliance (LAC) Unit so that MMCAP’s national multi-state program contracts are reviewed in a timely manner and are in compliance with all state and federal legal contracting requirements; and that MMCAP secures compliance from the pharmaceutical and healthcare products and services community in the delivery of MMCAP’s membership programs.
- Organize and manage the LAC work unit and staff to effectively and efficiently implement program goals, objectives and performance measures, developing and implementing needed policies and procedures, in support of MMCAP’s business needs.
- Direct legal and compliance reviews of MMCAP’s seven national multi-state programs to ensure respective business objectives are achieved in a legal and timely manner.
- Provide legal and technical assistance to MMCAP leadership on significant issues affecting its business so that it may take appropriate action, if needed.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and minimum of 5 years of professional experience in contract negotiations, addressing legal issues, or reviewing documents/contracts for compliance.
- High-level acumen regarding federal and state laws relating to procurement, antitrust, and group purchasing organizations.
- Ability to manage and lead professional staff.
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills necessary to build consensus and reconcile opposing views, lead effective negotiations, and work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and address problems and opportunities and give efficient and effective legal/business advice.
- Strong analytical skills to create input and direction for a strategic policy.
- Ability to interpret and apply related policies, procedures, rules, laws and regulations to establish compliance.
- Strong dispute resolution skills.
- Strong communication (oral and written), human relations, and diplomacy skills to work with stakeholders, members, wholesalers, and other distribution professionals.
- Strong problem solving skills and resourcefulness in achieving program efficiency and contract compliance.
- Strong computing skills in a PC environment (MS Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of group purchasing organizations; medical supplies organizations; GPO business model objectives; as well as statutory, policy and overall legal requirements for all steps of a multi-state contracting process.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with MMCAP teams and a variety of federal, state, and local stakeholders.
- Knowledge and skill in drafting and ability in negotiating contracts.
- Ability to create and draft policies and procedures to promote and advance business.
Additional Requirements: It is the policy of Department of Administration that all candidates submit a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check; Criminal History Check; Employment Reference Check; Education/License Verification.
How to Apply:
All interested employees should apply on the State Careers’ web site at http://www.mn.gov/careers Job ID 26239. Application deadline: 9/17/2018.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.