Sr Marketing Underwriter
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
SFM -- The Work Comp Experts.
Work Somewhere You Love.
Since 1983, SFM’s mission has been to be the workers’ compensation partner of choice for agents, employers, and their workers. While we’ve expanded to over 20,000 customers in the Midwest, and have grown our offerings to include vocational rehab, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services (and more!), our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, injury prevention, and results.
As a Senior Marketing Underwriter, you will support SFM’s Large Accounts Business Unit. Much of your underwriting will be on risk sharing plans, not just guaranteed cost policies. There is an established renewal book of business with additional new business opportunities. You will meet with agents to build and enhance business relationships. You will seek and promote new and renewal business activity and analyze exposures as you underwrite business. Everyone in the unit works cohesively, it is not a segmented or silo approach. Inherently, there is room for growth and development within the team.
- Analyze exposures and communicates with team members, loss prevention, premium audit, and technical specialists to thoroughly evaluate insured risks when making mid-term policy changes and reviewing renewals.
- Make judgmental decisions regarding continuation of coverage, pricing and the service needs of our customers and within authority level.
- Promote new business activity and evaluate new business applications for relevant information and determine appropriate action to be taken.
- Select the most profitable business possible, consistent with company best practices as well as team and company goals and objectives, within individual authority level.
- Maintain and monitor entire underwriting book of business to achieve premium volume and loss ratios consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Meet with agent representatives as needed, to review and monitor their performance, strengthen business relationships, establish marketing plan goals, and communicate company philosophy, procedures, service capabilities and new products or changes in products.
- Provide premier customer service to all customers and comply with customer service standards.
- Confers with team leaders and technical specialists to assist in training of new or less experienced team members.
We’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, finance, risk management, business or related field, preferred.
- Five to eight years’ underwriting (workers’ compensation and/or casualty) experience, or a combination of applicable work experience and education.
- Professional insurance designations (CPCU, ARM) is a plus.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of state applicable Workers’ Compensation rules and regulations, NCCI rules and its application to underwriting.
- Strong understanding of insurance finance.
- Demonstrated marketing and presentation skills.
- Exceptional oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to assimilate, understand and analyze information from a variety of sources.
- Strong math, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong computer skills (preferably in a Windows environment),
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel, when needed, with some overnight travel.
Work takes place in a paperless environment within an office, using a standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, which requires being stationary for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and work with close vision. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Work is performed indoors with little to no exposure to extreme outdoor weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
APPLY! Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years!
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers. SFM is a participant of E-Verify.