Vendor FESQA Program Lead
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: JOB TITLE:Vendor FESQA Program LeadClassification: Exempt Date: August 2018About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.To match the signature style and passion of Target's distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target's ability to productively do business. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. We apply our grasp of brand law by overseeing, maintaining and ensuring correct, consistent and authorized use of Target's signature Bullseye logo, assets and other trademarked material. We help protect Target and its subsidiaries by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you'll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. From brand and patent law to contract development and negotiations, you'll be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.A role in Food Safety means working in a critical area that will support Target's efforts to identify, prioritize and minimize areas of food safety risk as well as proactively educate and equip team members by providing simplified tools, processes and training. You will have a number of resources available to you as you leverage technology, metrics, reporting and communication to monitor and drive compliance in this critical area.
- Lead the development and implementation of a Product Quality Compliance (PQC) Program through routine product evaluation and analytical testing to ensure product conformance to specifications.
- Develop and continuously improve the quality assurance programs by sourcing and negotiation with vendors, specification development and conducting benchmarking analysis of current retail quality assurance programs to direct roadmap development.
- Develop and implement communication plans to share measurements and reports to key stakeholders for corrective actions and issues resolution.
- Establish Product Quality KPIs and track progress against goals to achieve business objectives for Owned Brand Food.
- Provide ongoing guidance and execution to ensure continuity of business according to internal standards, customer and regulatory expectations.
- Develop and implement a quality risk matrix to determine the frequency of review and/or testing. Partner with merchants, sourcing and technical owners to gather input to ensure key criteria to assess quality risk is represented holistically.
- Create best methods for evaluation and testing protocols and methodology to ensure consistency in sampling and execution.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to champion the product quality program while balancing resource constraints.
- Manage the sourcing and contract negotiation with 3rd party service providers as it relates to systems and services to support PQC programs.
- Collaborate and influence cross functional partners to gain buy-in and support for FESQA quality programs/processes/policies.
- Manage multiple high profile, cross functional projects concurrently and to achieve desired outcomes.Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Quality Management, Microbiology, Chemistry or closely related field is required. Master's Degree preferred.
- 8+ years experience in continuous improvement management with proven track record in leading Quality Management systems for food products in retail or manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of methodologies and application of Lean Manufacturing, TQM, and/or Six Sigma principles required.
- Extensive experience in developing finished product specifications, and evaluation of food products and processing, program development, and laboratory testing methods and analysis.
- Strong planning, communication, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and to lead and influence others.
- Ability to effectively and positively collaborate with diverse partners.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation for excellence.
- Exhibits good judgement, decisiveness and integrity.