Medical Assistant - PT
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
The Medical Assistant assists the Clinic or Mobile Unit staff by performing administrative duties and basic clinical tasks.
- Greet patients and assist them with information concerning their appointment and also assist them with completion of related forms and review for completeness.
- Assists the clinic staff in the examination and evaluation of new patients by performing preliminary examination procedures, gathering health history information, and other relevant medical information.
- May assist with related administrative duties such as data entry, photocopying, faxing, filing, collating, ordering supplies, and mail distribution.
- Gather and maintain confidential patient information to ensure accurate records for medical reasons and billing purposes.
- Respond to patient calls and requests as directed by clinic staff, may also respond to requests from other health care providers.
- Schedules patient appointments and assist them with information as needed.
- Monitors medical supplies and equipment to ensure adequate supplies are on hand and ordered as needed, and medical equipment is serviced or repaired as needed.
- Complies with HIPAA rules and maintains all patient information confidentially and securely.
In order to be considered for this position you will need to be Certified with the AAMA.
- Successful completion of an approved Medical Assistant training program.
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants or eligible to become certified.
- Good computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other health care of business related software as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must hold and maintain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
This position will be require flexability to work between 7am - 7pm. We offer urgent care on the weekends, this position will be on a required rotating schedule for weekends and holidays.