Lead Financial Account Tecnnician
The Lead Financial Technician is responsible for distributing and balancing workload among employees in accordance with established workload and job specifications. Incumbent ensures timely accomplishment of the assigned workload as well as monitoring the status and progress of work; making day-to-day adjustments in accordance with established priorities. The incumbent will advise Supervisor on complications or issues; such as backlogs, and reports on the expected time frame for completion.
Major Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Instructs employees in specific tasks and job techniques, provide available written instructions, reference materials, and on the job training to new employees by educating them on established policies, procedures, and practices. Some of the programs, processes, or methodologies that the incumbent will provide assistance and education to will include, but are not limited to Prospective Payment System System (OPPS), Fee schedule, Resource Based Relative Value Scale, Cost Estimation tool, Electronic Data Interchange System (FPPS), Diagnostic Related Group (DRG), Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (Vista) Document Manager, Vista Imaging, Vista Web, and Computerized Patient Records System, (CPRS).
- Respond to inquiries concerning entitlement, eligibility or status of a claim while maintaining quality customer relationships.
- Coordinate and resolve problems independently with tact, patience and skill.
- Maintain a database for tracking reports/documentation.
- Assumes responsibility as a scheduling point of contact for outside clinicians, VA Personnel and veterans.
- Submit reports to supervisor related to the number of consults scheduled within prescribed days.
- Reconcile, validate, analyze, and research discrepancies between the estimated cost of care and the actual paid amount.
- Provides explanation of the medical services provided by the VA.
Work Schedule: Days
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Lead Financial Account Tech/60270-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential None