Tour of Duty: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Position Description Title/PD#: Contract Specialist/ PD# 23011-A
Compressed/Flexible Schedules: Available
Virtual Position: No
This recruitment is for three positions with the Service Area Office Central (SAOC) Network Contracting Office (NCO) 23 located in St. Paul, MN.
Contract Specialist/ PD# 23011-A
- The Contract Specialist ensures that specifications and statements of work are prepared in a manner which adequately describes the Government's requirements without restricting competition.
- Advises technical personnel as to inadequate, ambiguous or vague specifications to avoid Government liability.
- Performs a complete review of recommended sole-source requirements and conducts necessary market analysis to test the non competitive assumptions of requisitions.
- Prepares required findings and sufficiently documents.
- Conducts public bid openings, reviews bids, and determines responsiveness and responsibility of low bidder in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Resolves protests, mistakes in bids, late bid situations and coordinates with the Small Business Administration for Certificate of Competencies (COC's).
- Identifies appropriate negotiation team members; formulates pre-negotiation objectives, and facilitates the negotiation as the chief negotiator.
- Prepares price negotiation memoranda, outlining in writing the details of negotiations with contractors in competitive and noncompetitive negotiations.
- Provides signatory authority and executes contract awards within warrant authority for their own contract awards and for staff that lack requisite warrant authority, as requested by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status No Promotion Potential 9