Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Customer Support)
This position in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), End User Operations and is located at a VA facility. The primary duties and responsibilities include providing Point of Care Customer Service. In accordance with established policies and procedures of the specific VA facility assigned. The employee works in a multi-vendor IT environment supporting multi-user computer systems.Responsibilities
This is an open-continuous announcement. The first cut-off date to consider applications for referral to the selecting official will be two weeks from 08/30/2018.
We will accept application packets on an on-going basis. Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official every two weeks from the initial cut-off date. Complete applications submitted prior to 11:59 p.m. EST on the established cut-off date will receive consideration for referral to the selecting official. Applications received after each cut-off date will be considered on the next cut-off date until the closing date of this announcement.
- Resolving customer related technical software and hardware problems;
- Diagnosing and/or resolving problems in response to a customer reported incident via trouble tickets;
- Planning and delivery of IT customer support services;
- Submitting recommendations to improve the efficient use of the system and responding to special requests for system data.
- Maintaining and updating system files necessary to control all aspects of system operations and access.
- Performing other related duties and responsibilities as assigned/required.
Work Schedule:This position supports 24/7 operations throughout the calendar year. Work is typically performed on the day shift; however, candidate may be subject to overtime work, shift work, and/or work on rotating shifts to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position. You will be required to work at a VA facility.
Position Description Title/PD#: Information Technology Specialist (Customer Support)/15263A/15264A/15265A
Physical Requirements: The work is both sedentary and active, requiring walking through out the medical center. Duties may require lifting, carting and carrying computer equipment such as monitors and printers weighing 20-40 pounds. Asking assistance from other specialist to help with lifting is encourage. There may be limited crawling under desks and behind areas to gain access to equipment. Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status No Promotion Potential 11