Information Technology (IT) Specialist
The position is in the End User Operations, Office of Information and Technology (OI&T). The incumbent performs a combination of duties; phone support, desk-side technical support, and bench-top diagnosis and repair. The primary duties and responsibilities include resolving customer related software and hardware problems in accordance with established policies and procedures.Responsibilities
This is an open-continuous announcement. The first cut-off date to consider applications for referral to the selecting official will be two weeks from 08/30/2018.
We will accept application packets on an on-going basis. Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official every two weeks from the initial cut-off date. Complete applications submitted prior to 11:59 p.m. EST on the established cut-off date will receive consideration for referral to the selecting official. Applications received after each cut-off date will be considered on the next cut-off date until the closing date of this announcement.
- Diagnosing and/or resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents via trouble tickets: escalating problems to the Lead or Supervisory IT Specialist as appropriate;
- Manages the movement and installation of IT equipment to assure coordination of IT support and customer service;
- Configuring devices and software applications following established procedures;
- Submitting recommendations to improve the efficient use of the system and responding to special requests for system data;
- Providing account management support, client connectivity support and client application support for various devices.
Work Schedule: This full-time position supports 24/7 operations throughout the calendar year. Work is typically performed on the day shift; however, candidate may be subject to overtime work, shift work, and/or work on rotating shifts to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position. You will be required to work at a VA facility.
Position Description Title/PD#: Information Technology (IT) Specialist/PD#17041-A
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, regularly moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty. Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status No Promotion Potential None