Engineer - Rollout and Deployment
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: JOIN US as an Engineer on the Rollout & Deployment Software Engineering team!Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things. Our goal is to deliver Target's unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store or online, and in the retail channels of the future. We are seeking a creative, passionate and team-oriented developer to work on our Rollout and Deployment team, developing applications to automate, support, and provide visibility to Rollout & Deployment's work to deliver $240M worth of new technology to Target Stores, DC's, and Headquarters each year.Your development will support the project managers (who you'll sit right next to and be able to work with daily) and field technicians that deploy all of Target's hardware technology with everything from shipment tracking to scheduling to issue management.Here's a smattering of the things our team thinks are important and the technologies we use:
- Everything we do is “as-code” in version control. We don't like clicking buttons or doing things manually.
- Everything should have test cases and go through a continuous integration process.
- We understand the importance of logs and metrics, so having visibility to things you need to see to do your job isn't an issue. And if you need to add more metrics or see more logs, it's within our control to improve that.
- We try to own as much of the platform as we reasonably can. You don't need to rely on other teams outside our own to improve the stack or change the way we do things.
- We make use of the latest in primarily open source products for development, source control, integration, deployment, and hosting.
- We work directly with our clients, and you'll have the freedom to develop your best solutions to help them as you learn about their work and environment.
- We spend time investing in learning, up to 20% of our sprint time is dedicated to experimentation and individual learning.
- We think participating in the developer community is important and spend time at events, meetups, and hackathons both at Target and externally.
- Design and build an end-user application and related API's to support CRUD of Rollout & Deployment data and the reporting and visualization of that data
- Automate the collection and sharing of data through API connections to other teams at Target and our vendor partners
- Conduct industry research to learn about trends and best practices in DevOps and Agile Development
- Refine and mature our continuous integration pipeline
- Evangelize APIs and best practices for building, delivering, and consuming APIs
- Work with engineers and developers throughout Target to implement automation and drive technology improvements for our Team Members and guests
- 1-3 years' experience developing full stack web applications with a focus on UX
- Experience building and implementing high performing and scalable server-side applications
- Source control experience, preferable with Git
- Experience deploying and supporting an application on cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Bachelors or Associates degree or certification in Software Development or equivalent
- Experience with agile software development using scrum methodology
- Experience with Express.js or similar framework
- Experience with MongoDB or similar
- Experience with modern deployment technologies such as Spinnaker, Kubernetes, and/or Drone
- Open Source community contributions