ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Test functional performance of systems, subassemblies, and components.
· Perform quality assurance testing during assembly to detect and prevent defective components from being installed and reaching the end user.
· Download system parameters used to control the device operations and evaluate performance.
· Troubleshoot and make adjustments as required.
· Analyze test results on defective units to determine cause of failure.
· Record discrepancies in test log for monthly defect reports.
· Review test log data for trends and create meaningful reports or a summary of such trends and present to production management.
· Complete and maintain all required documentation including test results and other pertinent records.
· Calibrate test instruments according to specifications.
· Confer with engineers, other technicians, and production personnel regarding results and make recommendations to resolve problems.
· Perform various assembly tasks of sub-assys & systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRD FOR POSITION:
· Two-year technical degree in electronics
· 2-3 years experience as an electronics technician in a manufacturing environment is required; medical device manufacturing helpful
· Troubleshooting skills
· Basic mechanical aptitude and electronics knowledge of solenoids, PLC’s, slaves, relays, check valves, pumps, and other hydraulic components
· Ability to read and interpret schematic drawings, assembly drawings, and bills of materials.
· Competent in using various types of testing equipment such as ohm meters, frequency meters, etc.
· Ability to draw conclusions from test data and the ability to read and understand complex test instructions
· Competency with Microsoft based software