Senior Data Analyst - Business Innovation
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.One of the world's leading and most recognized brands requires an industry-leading Asset Protection team who ensures the safety and security of our teams, guests, stores and merchandise. We use preventive techniques to maintain a comfortable, safe and secure environment, whether within our stores, our headquarters or our distribution centers. Here you'll help promote a culture of mindfulness around safety and security while preventing and responding to incidents that fall within our many areas of expertise. A role with the AP Business Innovation team is an opportunity to oversee the testing and measurement planning and execution for Assets Protection. Here, you'll influence the strategy and vision for thorough analysis and measurement while supporting discovery and enablement of innovative security solutionsTarget Assets Protection—Business InnovationJOIN US AS A Sr. DATA ANALYST - Target AP Business Innovation teamAs the Sr. Data Analyst in Target's Assets Protection team you'll operate in the intersection of the business, data and technology within our fast paced, hyper-growth environment of Assets Protection innovation. You'll collaborate with business owners, technical partners, testing & measurements/analytics teams within AP HQ and multiple other HQ partner teams to uncover insights and solutions to Assets Protection business problems. You'll also work with leaders across the AP landscape to shape the future of Target with a rigorous data mindset. Use your skills and experience to be a part of groundbreaking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Data Analyst, you'll take the lead as you…
- Work independently as well as with partners to define problems and create solutions using advanced statistics, testing methods, data analysis, data mining, predictive modeling, optimization and machine learning.
- Define testing measure for proof of concepts and pilots and extrapolate these results to determine the broader impact. Pull data together to provide insights on recommendations.
- Develop and execute business case modeling, approach and expectations
- Monitor and analyze data reports/dashboards/pipelines and do root cause analysis and troubleshooting of issues that arise using prescriptive and predictive analytics.
- Standardize, automate and evangelize data definitions, concepts, methods, reports, and metrics across multiple teams.
- Explore and research data based on data platforms, tools, and algorithm models and extract findings and insights.
- Provide recommendations based on data analysis. Isolate, identify and communicate data issues and own data quality for the data produced.
- Drive acceptance of data solutions and influence decision-makers with the results of your analysis.
- Deliver dashboard reporting and hold products and businesses accountable for results against goals and objectives.
- 4 year college degree preferably in Statistics/technical/analytics field
- 2-4 years' experience in Assets Protection, Loss Prevention or Law Enforcement
- 6+ years of experience working in Digital/Web analytics and reporting with voluminous data
- Foundational understanding of Machine Learning, Statistics (ex: Regression Analysis, Significance, A/B Testing) and solid mathematical skillsets
- Strong knowledge in ETL, Data Warehousing, Data Modeling and Data Quality concepts
- Solid programming skills with either Java or Python
- Experience with data collection/logging, Big Data tools and technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.)
- Comfortable with ambiguity and open-ended problems; curious and can leverage data and information to identify root causes
- Desire and ability to learn new data technologies and concepts quickly as well as utilize at scale
- Technical and conceptual understanding of computer networks and web-based data systems
- Excellent Communication Skills from verbal to written and including listening
- Collaboration and Partnership skills
- Ability to tailor working style to a variety of audiences and management