Physician (Pulmonologist), AD-0602-00, Primary & Specialty Medicine
The position is for a part-time Pulmonologist who will be responsible for delivery of pulmonology care to patients enrolled at the St. Cloud VA Health Care System. The provider will manage scheduled and unscheduled patients in the outpatient clinic setting. Board certified or board eligible preferred.
- The Pulmonologist is responsible for consultation and Co-longitudinal care of Pulmonary Medicine (face-to-face, VOD/VMR, CVT, E-consult).
- The Pulmonologist will have oversight of Pulmonary Functions and Sleep Medicine Programs to include:
- Interpretation of Pulmonary Functions Test
- Review of at Home Sleep study results
- Clinical review and consultation for problematic sleep apnea patients.
- Pulmonologist will be available for medical opinions related to specialty area.
- Pulmonologist may serve as an ADHOC physician to the Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service Line patient care and the Ventilator patients.
- Pulmonologist serves as the clinical advisor for Respiratory Therapists.
- Pulmonologist will make every effort to attend primary care staff meetings, department meetings and medical staff meetings.
- Timely documentation (notes and encounter forms) is necessary in all areas in accordance with facility policy. All administrative work should be completed in a timely fashion.
- All physicians work within their privileges at all times and follow the Medical Bylaws.
Work Schedule: Administrative Days, Monday-Friday, 32 hours per pay period.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
If you are a new Federal Employee or a transfer from another Federal agency, Education Debt Reduction Program funding may be authorized for the health professional education that was required of the position. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Recruitment Incentive: A recruitment incentive may be authorized.
This is an "Open and Continuous" announcement. Applicants will be reviewed for all required documentation and referred every two weeks until the vacancy is filled. Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 15