Administrative Assistant to EVP
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Administrative Assistant to the EVP in the Institutional Advancement Department.
This position directly supports the Executive Vice President of Institutional Advancement and provides some low level support to direct reports of the EVP. This support includes important administrative, scheduling and clerical tasks. Communication with members of Institutional Advancement, the University Senior Leadership Team, Board Members, Advisory Councils, and other important internal and external clients is essential to this role.
• Manage EVP's schedule and calendar. Coordinate events and meeting logistics, both internal and external, telephone calls and travel. Prepare for meetings, record and transcribe minutes at multiple meeting groups, summarize meeting feedback and proofread documents as needed.
• Work directly with Trustees and donors via telephone or in person contact. Prepare and process a high volume of correspondence (both written and verbal) with key stakeholders to the University. Serve as the professional “front door” for the Division.
• Enter and update key constituent data for donors, alumnae, parents and friends. Document EVP donor contact notes. Prepare lists of alumnae/donors/other constituents at EVP's request.
• Order supplies, manage supply inventory and complete space allocation requests for Institutional Advancement. Manage office and equipment set-up for new employees. Create new hire orientation schedules and training agendas.
• Support scheduling and calendaring for VP of Development and Alumnae Relations and VP of Marketing and Communications.
• Accurately prepare and submit monthly expense reports for the EVP.
• Complete special projects for the EVP, direct reports to the EVP and the Division overall. Establish objectives, manage time appropriately, gain cooperation of others and problem solve as needed.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
• High School Diploma or GED Required.
• A Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an Administrative Role required.
• Ability to prioritize and organize multiple (simultaneous) tasks and take responsibility for projects.
• Ability to anticipate divisional and EVP needs.
• Attention to detail and the ability to interact with all levels of management, staff, faculty, students and external constituencies, to deal with short deadlines and operate in a high pressure environment.
• Telephone and excellent customer service skills are essential. Good judgment in dealing with both internal and external constituencies .
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite and data entry procedures is critical. Knowledge of Banner or Reeher is a plus.
• Strong writing skills are important for ensuring good records of strategic advisory council, Alumnae Council and Board committee meetings.
• Must have good follow through and strong interpersonal skills.
• Must effectively juggle time and attention of the EVP and direct reports of Institutional Advancement.
To apply: : Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180063-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org