Essential Job Functions
- Operate and maintain lathes, drill presses, milling machines, grinders, CNC Machines and other common machine equipment.
- Follow prints, sketches, instructions and procedures to ensure quality and accuracy of fabrication and specifications.
- Assist R&D Department, as needed.
- Report any production problems to Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Operate, maintain, and repair Pneumatic and Measuring equipment.
- Operate forklifts, jib cranes and overhead cranes.
- Follow instructions using SP’s, SWI, SJPs and TWI Breakdowns, as applicable.
- Problem solving and finding solutions.
- Perform work in a Safe Manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Occasional weekend work may be required.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor, in other areas of production as needed and qualified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level
- Knowledgeable in areas of machining, blueprint and technical reading required
- General knowledge of the various metals
- Detail orientated, precise and accurate
- Mechanical aptitude with strong initiative
- Communicate, in English, effectively both orally and written
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions, be a team player.
- Basic math skills, read tape measures, calipers, micrometers and other measuring tools
- Experience working with CNC machines, lathes, mills, and other shop equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 50-75lbs. consistently, bend, stand, twist, pull, and push heavy objects.
- Ability to lift overhead and pull product from low standing areas and stand on concrete for long periods of time.
- Computer skills needed for programming.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment written math test, physical, drug and background test.
HS Diploma or GED or better.
Associates or better in Manufacturing Technology or related field.Experience
RequiredExperience in Lean Manufacturing Principles or Six Sigma Knowledge of Epicor, Ultimate software or similar ERP system SolidCam or similar programming software 5 years: Machining or CNC experience Licenses & Certifications