Food Service Worker Leader
Receives limited supervision from immediate supervisor. The supervisor provides instruction on procedural changes and special requirements. Judgment is used in recognizing work objectives and planning and organizing work to accomplish the objectives. The supervisor is available to assist with unusual situations. Work is spot checked to see that procedures are followed and work is accomplished in a timely manner.Responsibilities
This position serves as a Food Service Work leader in the Nutrition & Food Service Line at the Minneapolis VA Medical Center. The FSW Leader is under the supervision of a Food Service Supervisor, and the Assistant Director of the Nutrition and Food Services Department, working full time, and rotating shifts.
The Positions states that the employee is a fully trained food service worker performing a full range of the following duties:
- Assigned to rotating early and late shifts and subject to rotation of assignments.
- Works in a tray serving unit or combined tray/cafeteria unit with a large percentage of highly modified diets.
- Performs full range of duties with a high level of accuracy necessitating a minimum of supervision in routine functions, such as, makes final inspection of assembled trays for completeness and accuracy to assure compliance to prescribed diet and/or selective menu.
- Assures proper techniques of food service to assure proper temperature, potion control, nutrients, quality control, eye-appeal and sanitary food handling.
- Accurately requisitions necessary operating and basic subsistence supplies for unit keeping stock/calls in work areas at minimum.
- Makes final inspection of assembled trays for completeness and accuracy to assure compliance to prescribed diet and/or selective menu.
- Uses computer generated lists from all of the diet order program menus; correctly uses the data to generate and/or make changes to diet cards.
- Provides daily census information to production personnel.
- Notes special items ordered on cards and notifies responsible production personnel in additional to changes in nourishments.
Work Schedule: Full-time (Days/evenings. weekends and holidays)
Position Description Title/PD#: /60592-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 4