Housekeeping Aide Leader
The Minneapolis VA Health Care System is recruiting a Housekeeping Aide Leader to work with a crew of Housekeeping Aides within the Sanitation Operations section of the Environmental Management Service Line.Provides leadership and direction to assigned employees to accomplish the full range of responsibilities assigned.Work leader will perform housekeeping duties and will monitor the work of Housekeeping Aides to observe that proper work methods, procedures, and safety practices are followed.Responsibilities
Incumbent will monitor the work of Housekeeping Aides while work is in progress to observe that proper work methods, procedures, and safety practices are being followed. In addition to work leader responsibilities, incumbent will perform housekeeping duties to include but not limited to the following:
- Cleaning of corridors, lobbies, offices, bathrooms, stairways, clinics, waiting rooms, etc.
- Incumbent may operate heavy duty, technical equipment such as battery operated, self-propelled floor scrubbers, self-propelled vacuum sweeper, hot water/steam extraction carpet cleaning machines, etc.
- With the use of this equipment the incumbent maintains all horizontal and vertical surfaces throughout the Medical Center at a high appearance and sanitation level.
- Ensures that all floor, wall, and ceiling surfaces are cleaned properly with the proper product to provide the maximum results without damage to the surface.
- Provide coordination for requested chair set-ups/take-downs, and other possible special assignments within the scope of EMS.
- Occasionally operates vehicles (approximately 4% of time or less on a periodic basis) with an approximate gross vehicle weight up to 10,000 pounds.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 07:00 am -3:30 pm
Position Description Title/PD#: /60347-A Housekeeping Aide Leader
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 2