Inpatient Clinical Pharmacist - Midnights
The Inpatient Midnight Compressed Tour Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for all aspects of pharmacy care including clinical and operational duties mainly for inpatients and emergency room outpatient care. The incumbent primarily works off-tours on a compressed scheduled. The incumbent primarily provides coverage within central inpatient pharmacy, but may also provide cross-coverage in other areas of inpatient pharmacy services.
Work Schedule: Midnights, weekends, holidays
Functions of Position:
- Performs all inpatient clinical pharmacy roles in an efficient, professional manner.This includes: profile review and medication optimization, antimicrobial stewardship, anticoagulation, medication reconciliation, educating patients and caregivers on medication use, optimizing medication use upon transitions in care, and other program duties and assignments as developed and implemented by the department.
- Inpatient Clinical Pharmacy Program: The incumbent will provide clinical pharmacy services, support pharmacoeconomic activities, and is responsible for assessing, monitoring, managing, and documenting medication therapy for assigned patients. Activities include:Participates in a patient-focused, team-based multi-disciplinary model of patient centered care to promote positive patient outcomes through direct and indirect interaction with patients and providers.
- Documents patient care and clinical activities and interventions in the medical record and in other documentation systems as appropriate.
- Provides clinical care in anticoagulation, pharmacokinetics, and other areas as assigned.
- Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. All inpatient pharmacists are also encouraged to maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Provides drug information, observes patient response to therapy, and develops appropriate treatment plans including treatment alternatives or additional interventions to maximize patient care outcomes taking into consideration choice of therapy, safety, efficacy, and pharmacoeconomics.When communicating with patients and caregivers, assesses age and learning readiness and modifies communication accordingly.
- Participates as a proactive member of the interdisciplinary care team.Solves problems with other disciplines in the practice area.
- Participates in inpatient work groups to develop and optimize processes to ensure the most efficient, safe, effective, educational, patient-centered, and team-focused inpatient pharmacy practice.
- Effectively organizes workload to complete work within the assigned shift.Solves problems independently whenever possible, working with co-workers and other health care professionals.
- Participates in quality improvement activities
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 12