Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (MRI)
Incumbent is a member of a team providing 24 hour a day capability including after-hours response to emergencies which require MRI technical support. The incumbent will be asked to participate in such emergency care.
Work Schedule: Casual; Evenings and Weekends
Functional Statement Title/#: Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (MRI) / #000000
The duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Advises the Radiologist of those examinations which require immediate attention while the patient is still undergoing an examination.
- Assists the radiologist in the administration of contrast material agents.
- Practices sterile technique to prevent contamination.
- Accurately and routinely performs the associated DHCP and imaging network responsibilities that relate to a patient examination and the patient's record.
- Responsible for setting up and positioning patients, provides immobilization devices, selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis, and operates the equipment.
- Interaction with physicians, scientists, physicists, computer programmers and manufacture's technical design engineers will be a normal occurrence of the daily duties of the operator, along with patient interactions.
- Checks all equipment and reports failures to the MRI Supervisor or Lead Technologist.
- Maintains and stocks all supplies used in his/her work area.
- Interacts with patients, explains exam procedures, positions patients within the scanner, monitors patients during all phases of the examination, and records all patient exam information for permanent record.
- When operating the MRI, the incumbent coordinates with Radiologist and Physicist to determine the most ideal parameters to pulse the magnet for each individualized patient examination.
- · Programs technical factors by interrogating computer console and responding with inputs that will result in the required parameters as determined by the Radiologist and Physicist.
- Monitors the examination by checking computations, performances and results of the selected parameters to obtain the best diagnostic computer data and images.
- Performs clinical analysis of data recorded by the computer and records the computer data on film, magnetic tape and printer plotter paper
- Performs technical operation and general technical maintenance of the computer, disk drives, console, imaging devices, etc.
- Assists manufacturer representative and biomedical engineers in the calibration and trouble shooting of malfunctions in the equipment used, notifies the MRI Supervisor or Lead Technologist of any failure or required service.
- When operating the MRI, the incumbent performs or monitors safety checks on patients, employees and visitors to comply with FDA safety standards regarding ferrous objects and cardiac pacemakers prior to those persons entering the environment of the five (5) Gauss magnetic field
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 9