Fleet Cleaning Specialist Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: $14.00 / hr
Works independently to maintain a clean SMSC fleet to established standards including the exterior and interior. Keeps equipment in good condition. Responsible for maintaining appropriate supplies used for vehicle and equipment cleaning.
- Cleans interiors and exteriors of transportation vehicles such as vans, SUVs, buses, and pickups. Clean vehicles or vehicle components. May disassemble and reassemble vehicle parts or trim. Uses drive-on vehicle lifts as needed.
- Cleans machinery or equipment. Scrubs, scrapes, or sprays machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, vacuums, or hoses.
- Applies polish to vehicles to preserve, protect condition. Cleans and polishes vehicle windows. Applies rust preventive compound.
- Lubricates machinery, vehicles, or equipment or perform minor repairs or adjustments, using hand tools, as needed or directed. Reports vehicle or equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Cleans facilities or work areas. Sweeps, shovels, or vacuums loose debris.
- Removes debris or damaged materials.
- Drives vehicles to or from various locations throughout property. Assists other Fleet employees with transporting and retrieving vehicles. May drive off property to retrieve parts or other supplies.
- Inspects parts, equipment, or vehicles for compliance with standards or regulations.
- Occasional tasks
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of a wash bay, car wash, or other cleaning environment
- Works under limited supervision
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to operate small-engine landscaping/snow removal equipment
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record is required
- Industrial Truck Driving permit may be required (forklift)
- Requires use of scissor lift and fork lift
- On feet or standing 80% of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Exposure to fumes and odors