Financial Account Technician
The incumbent will serve as a Financial Accounts Technician within the Non-VA Care/Care in the Community program located at the Cedar Avenue location in Richfield, Minnesota. The primary function of the Non-VA Care department is to handle administrative work associated with healthcare services provided to eligible Veterans for services rendered in the community at the expense of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The primary function of the Financial Technician is to serve as a financial liaison and to provide coordination of Non-VA healthcare. The position requires considerable training and a broad working knowledge of and familiarity with the different and complex regulations that are applied to the various Non-VA Care programs and how they are administered and applied. It requires independent judgment and decisions, which will have a substantive impact on the Veteran, their healthcare, and the VAHCS. The workload is highly unpredictable and the employee must be flexible and adaptive to remain responsive to multiple demands made by both internal and external sources.
Major Duties include, but are not limited to:
Analyzes consult referrals submitted to the Non-VA Care department.
· Ensures the appropriateness and accuracy of the referral documents, makes recommendations, and provides advice.
· Ensures fiscal accountability in the process, they research the availability of funding related to the care authorizing documents and communicate with requesting Service Line to resolve funding discrepancies.
· Conducts an extensive review to monitor authorization estimates, performing certification and auditing after care is rendered.
· Provides timely adjustment of obligated funds, and ensuring compliance with all directives to maintain the fiscal responsibility of the department.
· Functions within a team of Financial Technicians responsible for the daily operations of various duties that require broad knowledge of extensive policies, procedures, and directives established for the Non-VA Care program.
· Possess a thorough knowledge of the entire process to assist veterans with scheduling care to be rendered in the community, ensure services are rendered timely, and all required documentation is received.
· Prepares the authorization, constructs appropriate correspondence to patients and vendors.
· Ensures required documentation is scanned into the patient administrative record.
· Maintains comprehensive and current knowledge of all phases of the Non-VA Care Coordination program and advise patients, vendors, and all other contacts on procedures, policies, and directives.
Work Schedule: Days
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: /60265-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential None