Nurse Practitioner- Hayward VA Outpatient Clinics
The Hayward VA Community Clinic is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to provide care to Veterans residing in northern Wisconsin. Come explore this great destination for outdoor recreation! Activities range from fishing, boating, hiking, and mountain biking to skiing and snowmobiling.
The model for care delivery is Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) and is comprised of providers, nursing staff, administrative support and ancillary team members to provide comprehensive, coordinated care delivery individualized for the veterans needs. The position would require management of a PACT team of patients.
Primary functions of this role include:
- Independently see patients in clinic. Obtain health history, perform physical exams and documents findings in the medical record
- Order appropriate diagnostic procedures, and act on results
- Prescribe medication, treatments and patient supplies per practice agreement
- Educate patient/significant others on health care issues (i.e. medications, diet, life style changes and follow up) to maximize healthcare outcomes and promote wellness.
- Schedule patients for labs, EKG's, x-rays, procedures and appointments
- Admit patients as needed
- Act as consultant and resource to CBOC personnel
- Participate in performance improvement initiatives
- Manage complex treatment and medication regimen in outpatient setting
Experience Preferred: Minimum of 3 years NP experience preferred; NP State Licensure and Certification are required.
Travel: This position may require up to 25% travel, with some work days scheduled at the Hayward CBOC and other days scheduled at the Rice Lake CBOC.
***Please Note- this position is also being announced to Physicians and Physician Assistants. It will be open continuously until 10/1/2018 or until filled. Travel Required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status No Promotion Potential 3