Information Security Analyst
Information Security Analyst
Data Recognition Corporation
Maple Grove, MN
Company cannot provide sponsorship for this position
No agencies or third parties, please
As part of the DRC Information Security Team, this position plays an important role in help to ensure the secure operation of DRC systems. This includes assessing the environment's current state of security; putting in place appropriate monitoring and altering against security threats, vulnerabilities and attacks; and verifying that the environment is appropriately protected from internal and external threats. All while still enabling the organization to work effectively and productively.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Monitor DRC's environment for security incidents and vulnerabilities.
- Respond, mitigate and investigate when incidents and vulnerabilities are identified.
- Oversee the integrity and protection of networks; systems; and applications.
- Implement and monitor vulnerability and compliance scanning.
- Assist with conducting risk assessments.
- Assist with security audits.
- Assist with the development of security policies, standards and best practices for the organization.
- Assist with conducting penetration testing, simulating attacks to identify vulnerabilities in DRC systems.
- Perform Information Security related duties as required in an appropriate manner suitable for DRC's business and risk tolerance.
- 3 or more years of experience in a security administration role in an enterprise environment with the most recent experience being within the last year.
- Experience deploying, configuring and supporting vulnerability scanning and penetration tools. Experience with Tenable Security Center is strongly preferred.
- Experience deploying, configuring and supporting Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions for real-time analysis and alerting of security incidents. Experience with LogRythm is strongly preferred.
- Experience performing risk management and vulnerability assessments.
- Knowledge of securing Windows, Linux (CentOS preferred), Palo Alto and Cisco devices.
- Possesses a high level of personal integrity and the ability to discreetly handle sensitive, personal and classified case information.
- Ability to work independently, to adapt to changing work requirements and to work in fast-paced environment.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Security certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA).
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards.
- Experience supporting and participating in third party vendor security assessments and audits.
- Experience with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) leveraging National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security controls (NIST 800-53, rev 4).
- Working with Department of Defense (DoD) security requirements under NIST Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37, rev 1) is a plus.
- Understanding of patch management processes and best practices.
- Knowledge of IT/Security industry trends, best practices and processes.
- Experience with compliance to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and/or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) a plus.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Complete IRS/DOD Background Check required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups.
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load.
- Set and meet deadlines.
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously.
- Other duties as needed.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
- Ability to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hour periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer monitor, utilize a keyboard and/or mouse for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds as necessary
The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
See our website www.drccareers.com and use JOB ID 2377
DRC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Company M/F/D/V