Food Service Worker
Employee will be assigned to Nutrition and Food Service, VA Health Care System, Minneapolis, MN, serving as a Food Service Worker.Responsibilities
NOTE: This is a part-time position (16 hours/week). Benefits and time-off accrual will be prorated and based on your part-time work schedule.
Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Cleans serving areas; washes pots, pans, and utensils returned from multiple serving and production areas; loads and operates dishwashers and cart washing station; and breaks down and cleans equipment.
- Maintains general sanitation of work area including utensils, equipment, carts, refrigerators, sinks, etc.
- Loads trays into modules and programs carts for transportation; and transports carts to wards and delivers trays to patient's bedside or assist patients with transport of their meal trays.
- Participates in all dishwashing activities and storing of clean dishes and utensils; sets up serving areas with hot and cold foods; serves food using correct portion sizes; and selects and places hot and cold food items on trays according to the tray ticket.
- Assembles a variety of food items while working in cold food preparation and nourishment area (i.e., prepares salads and fruit and portions juices, desserts, condiments, etc.); makes cold sandwiches using prepared ingredients; and packs bag meals and delivers to appropriate locations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Assigned to early and late shifts and subject to rotation.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 2