Hunter Hamilton is partnering with an organization in the Minneapolis area looking to identify a contract Tax Accountant for a 3 month project. In this role, you will partner with the Tax team on multi-state filings and assist with research. If you have 2+ years of tax experience, strong additional to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills- APPLY NOW!
- Prepare sales, excise, and use tax returns on a monthly basis.
- Assist with sales, excise, and use tax audits.
- Research sales and use tax issues as requested by operating groups.
- Assist with resolution of sales, excise, and use tax notices from the federal and state/local tax authorities.
- BS in accounting or finance and tax compliance experience
- Strong experience with multi-state tax compliance
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups)
- Experience using Vertex
- Self-motivated with strong initiative to independently research various tax issues and determine proper tax treatment.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet all tax deadlines without direct supervision.