Test Development Project Lead, Spanish
Project Leads work with the Directors of Test Development to plan, organize, and establish priorities for all phases of the development and production process of one or more assigned statewide assessment components. As such, they provide leadership for a specific project, and they have responsibilities for leading individual ancillary components of a project (e.g., item samplers, administration directions, study guides). For assigned components, they will provide support for the development of schedules and maintain accurate records concerning processes. They may also help to monitor costs (P&L's) and provide proposal text and costs for a given assigned project.
(Note: For project leadership roles, he or she may help to define specifications for statewide large-scale assessments, formative assessments, etc.; design layouts; determine process workflow used throughout all stages of the item and test development process; provide support for the development of quality control procedures and help in establishing processes for all steps in the development process. They may also support the development of standards-based programs and/or other assigned projects by participating in meetings and/or providing support to clients.)
As needed, Project Leads may work directly with internal customers and external customers to develop and deliver multiple on-time complex assessments and assessment ancillaries, and they may also serve as the point of contact for a state department of education for a specific assigned program. As such, they may represent the Test Development Department at various meetings, including, but not limited to, the following: internal planning meetings and internal and external training meetings. Project Leads also, at any point in the process, may contribute to the writing and reviewing of items, test ancillaries, training manuals, etc. They work with internal clients to plan, organize, and implement work based on established priorities for all phases of the production of electronic or printed documents, test materials, and communications.
This position assists the Education Group in the development and production of various testing materials, publications, and proposals by ensuring that deadlines are met and appropriate production processes and specifications are followed. They advise internal clients on ways to improve the quality of materials. They work with internal clients to define product and/or test/item specifications, including design, layout, and format specifications and assist internal clients in making decisions related to edits proposed.
- Assists Project Director to organize work to complete a project and to support the establishment and management of production schedules and procedures for a state-level project
- Interacts with team members regarding the design of current projects and workflow procedures, and provides routine feedback to team members regarding the implementation and task timelines of assigned items and/or projects
- Provides support for the development of ancillary testing materials (item samplers, administration directions, study guides, etc.) for a state project
- Obtains information from Project Managers regarding the client's product and service needs
- Provides liaison with other internal DRC Test Development staff and/or other DRC functional groups as it relates to a state-level project, and assists Project Director with external client communications
- Monitors adherence to document specifications and style specifications consistent with program, provides support for quality control efforts, and develops procedures to ensure 100% accuracy in test booklets and project materials
- Provides support for the training of test development staff including the development of manuals, publications, and training materials
- Works with outside consultants, as needed
- Travels, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Spanish, Education or related area.
- Fluent in Spanish, speaking and writing.
- Experience meeting production deadlines in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel software
- Experience in developing and/or using databases
- Knowledge of all steps in the item and test development process
- Knowledge and experience in developing a wide range of materials of varying complexity in a business or academic setting
- Management skills, including the ability to problem-solve with teams to resolve complex issues
- Ability to adjust to changing circumstances and direction as required
- Strong organization and process documentation skills
- Superior communication skills
- Proficiency with electronic publishing technology, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and e-mail
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Minimum 4 years related work experience
- Experience with Test Development
- Experience in the use of technology specific to the field of item and test development and/or curriculum databases/systems
- Teaching experience, curriculum development experience, or specialized content skills
- Desktop publishing experience
Essential Job Functions
- Report to work promptly when scheduled
- Be able to work under supervision and accept feedback
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load
- Set and meet deadlines
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously