Manager, Admissions Events and Visits
Manager, Admissions Events and Visits
Posted Date 1 week ago(1 week ago)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 400003
Department/Unit Enrollment Services
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Manager, Admissions Events and Visits position within the Enrollment Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Manager of Admissions Visit Experience has the primary responsibility for strategic implementation of enrollment recruitment daily visits and information sessions. This role is also directly responsible for the supervision of 12 paid student employees and leadership of 150 student volunteers. S/he works as a member of the recruitment leadership team to determine strategies, policies and procedures that directly impact: customers (internal & external), execution of communication plans, tracking and reporting of visit statistics and primary management of technical systems including design and development of the SalesForce CRM event application as it relates to daily visits and information sessions. This person directly influences enrollment yield objectives and revenue at the University of St. Thomas.
- Recruitment Daily Visit Lead & Implementation: Manage and direct all aspects of the admissions front office as it pertains to customer visits and scheduling for over 6,000 prospective student visits annually; work as primary collaborator across campus as the liaison with faculty, coaches and staff to accommodate visit requests; insure accurate visit information is given to internal and, most importantly, external customers. Create customer service culture for guests and staff. These responsibilities are comprehensive and include communication, organization and evaluation of daily visitors. They will compose and test on-line registration processes and manage web applications advising technical staff on best practices to meet guest expectations. Must also track and make decisions based on the visit and events budget for the fiscal year. Supports these processes for freshman, transfer, Dougherty Family College and international prospective students and their families.
- Supervision of Students: Manage a group of 12 current students including their hiring, training, development and discipline. These students are responsible for scheduling daily visitors (25 new requests a day) and working the admissions reception desk (200+ phone calls a day). Since these students have daily contact with prospective students and their families, they must be innovatively trained and supervised; this position is responsible for the daily direction, performance assessment and continued professional development of these students. Also, help lead group of 150 student volunteer Tommie Ambassadors.
- Marketing & Communication Management: Managers will be responsible for marketing visits by writing copy, contributing to design, editing and final approval of communication initiatives. This involves creative strategy, detailed management and logistical experience for marketing plans.
- Enrollment Strategic Team Participation: This position will contribute to department teams including management groups where decisions affecting academic profile and headcount are evaluated. S/he will develop new initiatives that closely align with the university's strategic plan and profile goal and develop and implement visit strategies that align with the university's desire to increase its national recruitment footprint.
- Analytics/ Insight & Tech: Manage systems in place to accommodate the prospective student visit process including being the primary lead for the events application in SalesForce CRM. Oversee the visit statistics and reports- including collection and analysis of data and recommending new initiatives and ideas to continue to develop the visit and event processes.
- Bachelor's degree
- Five years of direct admissions or equivalent professional experience
- Experience managing/coordinating visits
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer