Policyholder Services Representative
Work Somewhere You Love.
Since 1983, SFM’s mission has been to be the workers’ compensation partner of choice for agents, employers, and their workers. While we’ve expanded to over 20,000 customers in the Midwest, and have grown our offerings to include vocational rehab, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services (and more!), our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, injury prevention, and results.
The Policy Processing Services Representative will provide high quality customer service and administrative support in the form of data entry, policy/endorsement processing, document generation and policy issuance, for policyholders and agents. You will have customer contact via phone and email and manage your workflow by evaluating and processing new business, endorsements, and renewals. SFM will provide you with the processes, training and support that will enable you to succeed throughout your career. If you're in the market for a rewarding career with a company that values a work life balance, we want to hear from you.
- Provide high quality customer service to prospective, new and existing Assigned Risk Policy (ARP) policyholders and agents by professionally receiving and appropriately responding to inquiries related to information requests, technical questions, certificate of insurance processing, etc.
- Correspond with agent representatives and policyholders regarding the acceptance or rejection of coverage, endorsements, rating, pricing, etc., or to obtain additional information as required.
- Process insurance applications received daily by accurately entering relevant information into the database, and review new applications for missing information and determines appropriate action to be taken in order to issue the policy.
- Provide first-class customer service to all customers and comply with customer service standards and respond to customers to answer questions, resolve complaints or problems.
We’re looking for:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of relevant work experience, or a two year degree.
- Customer service experience in worker’s compensation or a personal lines insurance company environment is a plus.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and to navigate through multiple systems simultaneously.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Strong computer skills (preferably in Word, Excel and Outlook environment).
- Solid business writing skills.
- Solid data-entry skills with high a degree of accuracy with a preferred typing ability of 50 WPM.
- Detail-oriented team player.
Work takes place in a paperless environment within an office, using a standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, which requires being stationary for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and work with close vision. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Work is performed indoors with little to no exposure to extreme outdoor weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
APPLY! Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years!
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers. SFM is a participant of E-Verify.