Gift Compliance Officer
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Gift Compliance Officer in the Institutional Advancement Department.
The Gift Compliance Officer manages the administration of gifts, to include systems and procedures in compliance with laws, regulations, industry standards, and University policies. This role is responsible for ensuring accurate gift accounting and reporting, excellent donor service, and effective problem solving, all in support of the University's fundraising objectives. This position also serves as the primary backup for the Gift Processing Specialist.
• Manage coding and quality checks for gift administration; ensure integrity of gift records; draft and maintain procedures and work instructions.
• Train Advancement staff and student workers as needed; serve as the point of contact regarding gifts with donors, banks, online giving vendors, and payment card processors.
• Conduct semi-annual pledge review; provide for new gift-giving methods.
• Analyze business processes and carry out improvements; implement new technology solutions to streamline operations.
• Ensure advancement compliance with state and federal fundraising laws, IRS regulations, industry standards, accounting guidelines, and University policies.
• Serve as the primary Advancement liaison with the Business Office regarding gift transactions and gift/grant funds; meet regularly and collaborate with the Controller and Senior Accountant to resolve longstanding fund issues, minimize ongoing ones, and prevent new issues from arising; play a key role in the communication and tracking of gifts available and balances not spent to University departments and programs.
• Advise the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, VP of Development, and other Development staff on gift accounting and recommend solutions.
•Serve as Development's point of contact with the University's auditors; produce fiscal year-end reports on contributions and pledges and monthly cash reports.
•Conduct general ledger account reconciliations.
• Draft pledge agreements, planned gift disclosure forms, gift and pledge acknowledgements, internal memoranda, and solicitation forms; draft proposed policy changes or additions.
• Answer donor questions; advise Development colleagues on best practices from an operational perspective regarding contributions; produce ad hoc reports upon request; mentor student workers.
• Provide backup to and support of Gift Processing Specialist; advise Development and Alumnae Relations operations staff on data management issues as appropriate; other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree Required, Bachelor's Degree in information systems/management/services, Accounting or Business preferred.
• Minimum five years of experience in development/advancement operations, finance, banking, business, or information systems/management; audit or compliance experience preferred
• Understanding of IRS regulations and laws relating to charitable giving
• Familiarity with accounting standards, principles, procedures, and financial reporting
• Proven organizational problem solving and supervisory skills ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to move projects from conception to completion
• Deep understanding of relational database systems, reporting tools, and management needs
• Analytical, detail-oriented, and highly accurate
• Experience in improving efficiencies and quality of business processes
• Able to work independently but also be a team player.
• Highly proficient with computers, standard spreadsheet and word processing applications
To apply: : Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180068-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org