Associate Director of First Year Admissions
Associate Director of First Year Admissions
Posted Date 1 week ago(1 week ago)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 330185
Department/Unit Enrollment Services
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Associate Director of First Year Admissions position within the Enrollment Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Associate Director of First Year Admissions plays a vital role in implementing recruitment strategies designed to enroll a first-year class that achieves university goals with regard to academic excellence, diversity, headcount and net revenue objectives. S/he has primary responsibility for hiring, training, supervising and motivating first-year admissions counselors and leading the team to provide quality customer service to all impacted audiences throughout the college search. S/he is a member of the Enrollment Management Leadership team and works to develop strategies, interpret and analyze data and recommend adjustments to the first-year recruitment plan in response to market conditions. In addition, s/he is responsible for implementing marketing strategies and managing technical systems, including the Salesforce CRM, that enhance and sustain prospective students' interest in St. Thomas throughout the entire recruitment process.
- Supervision of professional admissions counselor staff: Directly supervise 12 admissions and senior admissions counselors. Hire, train, motivate and inspire staff while working with them to achieve recruitment goals of headcount, academic quality, diversity and net revenue enrollment. Provide daily direction and support to admissions counselors, approve travel plans and other budgetary expenditures for admissions counselors. Ensure professionalism and knowledge of staff and create a positive atmosphere for every prospective student.
- First-year student enrollment strategy management: Serve as a key member of the Enrollment Management Leadership team and assist in executing the university's strategic plan that calls for expansion of St. Thomas' recruitment market. Analyze data and utilize the university CRM to effectively track student recruitment. Work with the first-year counseling team to develop recruitment strategies, implement marketing initiatives, advise on individual territory marketing plans in order to achieve overall recruitment goals.
- Campus collaboration: Work with departments across campus, including the Financial Aid Office, Residence Life Office, Alumni Relations, Athletics, Student Affairs Office and academic departments that interact with prospective students. Collaborate with the Marketing, Insights and Communications department to design and implement creative marketing strategies that concentrate on the recruitment of first-year students. Essential collaboration with the Dougherty Family College (DFC) team in training and working with the DFC prospective students.
- Admission application review: Participate in the admission application review process and make admission decisions that help to shape the makeup of the first-year class and achieve enrollment goals of headcount, quality and net-tuition revenue. Convey results to staff, advise and interact with high school counselors, prospective students and their parents regarding the admission process. Educate counselors regarding dual enrollment options and transferability of courses to St. Thomas.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Five years of progressively more responsible experience within Admissions
- Master's degree in a relevant field
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer