Windows Server Administrator
IT Services (ITS) at Iowa State is seeking applicants for a Windows Server Administrator. This position is part of the Systems Operations team and will provide Windows Server administration, including; upgrades, management of hundreds of Windows servers, and function as the primary contact for Windows Server architecture, administration, and automation. Experience managing a hybrid environment with Microsoft Azure and experience with an automation platform is required
The technology team provides core computing, network services, enterprise systems, and information security resources to the students, faculty, and staff of Iowa State. The technology team partners with IT professionals from around campus to provide more specialized IT resources to ISU’s academic and business units.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a hybrid environment with Microsoft Azure and experience with an automation platform, a passion for Windows, possess strong and effective verbal and written communication skills, the ability to creatively solve problems, and work successfully within a team.
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of related experience; OR a Master’s degree and 1 year of related experience.
• Experience with Hyper-V, VMware or other virtual environments.
• Experience with PowerShell.
• Experience with PowerShell DSC.
• Experience with PowerShell Core.
• Experience with WINS.
• Experience with KMS.
• Experience with IIS.
• Experience upgrading to Windows Server 2016.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure.
• Experience with Active Directory.
• Experience with monitoring platforms, provide specific product or tool names.
• Experience with automation platforms, provide specific product or tool names.
• Experience with Windows Server 2012 and up
• Experience with GPOs (Group Policy Objects)
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email email@example.com.
Please apply online at https://www.iastatejobs.com/postings/35163.