Sr UI Pipeline Engineer/Technical Artist
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: PRIMARY FUNCTIONBe a driving force in Target Creative by working alongside experienced CGI artists, art directors, designers, stylists and computer vision scientists. Our creative and dynamic team works together through all phases of design on a myriad marketing, property development, and product design assignments. Each project provides a new opportunity to solve a problem, tell a story, and illustrate a solution. We are looking for applicants with relevant industry qualifications and software experience who are ready to bring their ideas to the table to create the best guest experience.Target Creative CGI is looking for an experienced Engineer that has aptitude in production and technical knowledge to help bring the creative vision to life on a diverse mix of interactive projects. You will be responsible for developing applications, experiences, merging the virtual with the real world.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop production pipeline for CGI XR real-time productions
- Bridging CGI and Engineering team to define technical requirements and asset production quality, striving for visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance.
- Modify assets to assist the process of rapid prototypes of experimental features using Unity 3D, WebGL, or other mobile platform tools.
- Define and refine technical structure for runtime assets and develop best practices for production at scale.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, art, design, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong knowledge of 3D programming with 2-5 years of relevant experience in gaming (mobile, console), film production or software developmentas an Engineer, technical director, or 3D technical Artist credit on at least one shipped title.
- Experience building XR experiences such as ARKit, Vive, Daydream, Oculus, Gear VR, Hololens, Windows Mixed Reality, Playstation VR, and/or other major platforms with a portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills.Strong understanding of UX design challenges and best practices with a passion for creating new, innovative, and ground-breaking user experiences.
- Experience collaborating with other engineers through direct communication, version control software (Git) and issue tracking (Jira)
- Strong generalist/hacker spirit who tinkers with various emerging technologies
- Understanding of the 3D pipeline; modelling, surfacing, rigging, and animation
- Experience in game runtime asset production for modeling and texturing, and working knowledge in rigging, animation and other 3D generalist skills
- Knowledge of Maya, Max, Substance Painter, Designer, Adobe creative suite
- Ability to manage and execute complex projects in many different stages and work with ambiguity
- Strong problem solving skills
- Flexible to travel between HQ locations and open to domestic and international travel (weekends included)
- Experience in commercial, film, or VFX firms a plus
- Understanding of skills necessary to be successful in creating photorealistic CG work
- Solid knowledge of current and emerging game/ AR/VR/XR design and production pipelines
- Familiar with pipeline development and CGI interchange formats such as FBX, USD and MaterialX a plus
- Experience in Unreal Engine, Blender, Simplygon (or equivalent)
- Reports to Director but takes day to day work direction from Technical Lead
- Partner with internal global teams and external partners across the organization including Marketing, Technology Services, Engineering, Innovation, Web, App and Product.
- Partner with external resources, agencies, vendors and contractors