A growing organization in Bloomington, MN is looking to add an experienced Accounts Payable professional to their team! The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for working on highly complex invoice issues as they arise as well as approving invoices for payment processing. Additionally, this role will perform duties related to invoice capture, routing for proper approvals, assisting property management in general ledger account coding, invoice issue resolution, and payment issuance to association vendors.
- Research and respond to inquiries, including but not limited to clarifying when an invoice will get paid, why an invoices was paid incorrectly, and how to properly code an invoice.
- Research and resolve invoice issues relating to unidentified properties, potential duplicate payments, image issues, missing invoices, missing payments, etc.
- Process utility invoices in a timely manner to ensure due dates are met as to avoid late fees and disconnections.
- Process the batching of approved invoices into the accounting system as well as resolving issues associated with that process.
- Support internal and external information requests.
- Resolve internal and external customer issues utilizing prompt, effective communication.
- Team with management to ensure processes are followed for timely payment of invoices to association vendors
- Assist with ensuring proper workflows are established and maintained for routing of invoices through the approval process
- Team with management to ensure all invoice information is captured correctly and processes are followed to ensure timely payment of invoices to association vendors.
- Assist the AP Supervisor to ensure proper workflows are established and maintained for routing of invoices through the approval process.
- Assist with training, guidance and support to system users in their application knowledge.
- Assist users on new processes and functions.
- Helps identify reoccurring errors and troubleshoots system issues.
- Associate's of Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional Accounts Payable experience
- Must have strong computers and systems knowledge and proficiency.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and be self-driven
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment and decision making abilities.