Senior Engineering Manager - Pricing
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
The Sr. Engineering Manager (SEM) is responsible for a managing a team of full stack engineers that is building highly innovative and cutting-edge guest facing highly scalable Price Publish solutions supporting stores and digital guest. This role is accountable for leading an Enterprise team, developing code, deploying and managing in production. Most importantly, the SEM, while working with the Product owners drives the product availability goal (99.99999) and accuracy goal(100%), user/Target guest satisfaction, building the product roadmap and delivering highly functional, exceptionally innovative and intelligent software. You are responsible in building solutions to support price changes for enterprise ie 5 billion records and API's that are highly performant, scalable and available ie 40k TPS and 99.99999 availability.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you…
Drive product development and operations with lead engineers and drive technical decision making, adhering to Target platform architecture and other enterprise decisions. You'll have a strong focus on team management and development, equal focus will be on writing production code and hands on active development of the capabilities and solutions. Assist in defining infrastructure need, internal vs. external cloud, Stores and use of Target enterprise solution and drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment and managing overall software development cycle by adhering to development and security standards. Establish good stakeholder communication and work closely with Product teams and influence set product roadmap and help drive requirements while being a strong advocate of extreme agile and DevOps practices across engineers. Build and manage a team of high performing full stack engineers and provide leadership, coaching, motivation and recommend staffing levels, operating procedures, tools and systems for the team. Provide career development and performance management to a team of engineers.
Software Development Organization:
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
Requirements for Software Development:
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 1+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
·Experience operating medium to large scale systems
·Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
·BS degree in computer science or equivalent
·Experience with Java, Groovy, Spring, Grails- JVM language and framework
·eCommerce experience with a track record of innovation
·Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
·Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)