Lead Data Engineer - DFE Explorer
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: JOIN US AS A LEAD DATA ENGINEER - COMPUTER VISION PLATFORMTarget's Data Science and Engineering team in Minneapolis is a hyper-growing, dynamic and collaborative team of engineers working on cutting-edge AI services. About this OpportunityAs a Lead Data Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to build robust data pipelines, using Agile practices and DevOps principles. Responsibilities will include designing, programming, debugging and supporting high quality, distributed, and large-scale software solutions on the latest Big Data tech stack. Specifically, you'll be designing and building a first of its kind Computer Vision platform in the retail space. We are looking for a highly motivated engineering professional who is a team player and can engage with both technical and business team members while mentoring/developing Sr Data Engineers on our team. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop software systems using test driven development employing CI/CD practices
- Partner with other engineers and team members to develop software that meets business needs
- Follow Agile methodology for software development and technical documentation
- Innovate constantly and stay current with latest Big Data technologies while staying focused on solving large scale and challenging problems in retail and ecommerce.
- BS in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in developing and designing software applications
- 3+ years of experience working in the Hadoop ecosystem - Spark, Scala, Hive, etc.
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ or Python
- Demonstrated understanding of Deep Learning technologies (Tensor Flow/Keras)
- Experience with CI/CD practices - Docker and Kubernetes