Project Custodian - 2nd Shift
St. Catherine University, St. Paul campus, is accepting applications for a full time Project Custodian , 2nd shift, in the Custodial Services Department. Hours are Thursday-Monday, 4:00 pm-12:30 am.
• Report to Supervisor daily to receive specific instructions or assignments and is responsible for assigned area daily, following specific schedules; Must be flexible and efficient – work assignments will vary daily.
• Check keys, pagers, and radios in/out with supervisor or use key room procedures as appropriate.
• Perform daily custodial work, complete special cleaning projects, furniture moving, set-ups, event cleaning, etc. from work order requests, events or periodic schedules.
• Must be able to perform all job responsibilities of the general custodian and act as relief for open positions or absent staff. Relief may include (but is not limited to): cleaning of offices, class and dorm rooms, restrooms/showers, common areas, lounges, dining areas, kitchens, sport facilities or other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for trash and recycling removal, including collection from other areas and transporting to proper removal areas as well as reporting when receptacles are in need of emptying
• Perform special projects such as: carpet extraction cleaning, small carpet repair, upholstery cleaning, scrub/strip and refinish hard floors, window washing and light bulb changing.
• Must attend special training relating to project work whenever offered or assigned.
• Supports meeting and event staff when needed to set up, prepare, and take down for event functions.
• Seasonal snow/ice removal as needed for all buildings.
• Report all problems or repairs to the supervisor or the FIXX line.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required as is a valid driver's license, clean driving record; chosen candidate must pass an internal driver's test and on-campus driving training.
• Required successful completion of criminal background check for keyed access to all areas as needed.
• Required to have 2-3 years cleaning experience. Prefer 1-2 years minimum in institutional cleaning.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication skills to be able to read and understand product information labels, MSDS sheets, work orders, and written instructions.
• Must project a positive image for both the custodial department and the University and be able to work cooperatively and effectively with management, staff and campus community as a whole.
• Good attendance and punctuality are required.
• Must be able to lift/carry 75 lbs as needed and climb a 12 foot ladder.
• Successful candidate will have knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their usage and be able to demonstrate their knowledge of custodial duties such as carpet cleaning, hard floor care, and meet production standards.
• Able to use and demonstrate the proper use of furniture and warehouse equipment such as: 2 wheel dollies, appliance dollies, flat carts, sliders, file movers, desk movers, pallet jacks, fork lifts, etc.
• Must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site to apply for this position. Website link is: http://www.stkate.edu/hr Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Review of applications will begin immediately position is open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.orgPreferred Qualifications
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.