Response Manager - Incident Management, Command & Control
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: Response Manager - Incident Management, Command & ControlTarget is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from “brick-and-mortar and online” to “bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else.” Our goal is to deliver Target's unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.You can be a part of this story by joining the Target Technology Services (TTS) Technology Operations Center (TOC) team. Our goal is to reduce downtime, improve response to disruptions in store technology, and ensure prevention and mitigation of future disruptions are on track. In the TOC, you'll lead incident management process on high impact incidents through swift and accurate identification of issues, accurate and timely communication of impact to all stakeholders, and restoration of services to that lead to Target's unparalleled shopping experience for our guest. In order to successfully complete all tasks, a Response Manager needs to possess strong problem solving, analytical and time management skills. They should also be able to apply critical thinking and oral and written communication skills. A Response Manager will be an effective team player and leader who can work independently when necessary. Paying attention to detail and handling crisis situations are also important traits for Incident Managers.Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and team leadership during high severity incident recovery
- End to end responsibility for communication during incidents, driving escalations, investigation and resolution of incidents, ensuring outage updates are timely and of sufficient quality.
- Provide recommendations on troubleshooting and other technology improvements to quickly resolve incidents, ensuring infrastructure and application stability
- Partners with other TTS support teams to resolve difficult or unique system issues that team members are not equipped to handle.
- Provides technical support to team members to facilitate resolution or escalation of technical issues.
- Resolves and documents escalation breakdowns, and recommends knowledge updates when needed.
- Acts as backup in a 7x24 on-call rotation in the event of multiple high-severity issues that exceed the capacity of the team on-site.
- 2-4 years' experience in a technical role within an enterprise scale environment; security or development focus is a plus.
- 3 years' experience in an incident management role within an enterprise scale environment demonstrating strong analytical fault finding, diagnostics and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of solving complex problems with information technology software and hardware.
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring experience with prioritizing tasks due to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures.
- Ability to handle and perform in stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proven decision-making and influencing skills
- Broad knowledge of technology infrastructure, networking, and products
- Collaborative team player
- Positive attitude