Claims and Litigation Manager, Marshfield, WI
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) is an integrated health system serving Wisconsin with more than 10,000 employees and more than 1,200 providers comprising 86 specialties, a health plan, and research and education programs. MCHS primary operations include Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield, Marshfield Medical Center – Eau Claire, Marshfield Medical Center - Rice Lake, Marshfield Children's Hospital, Marshfield Clinic Research Institute, Security Health Plan and Marshfield Clinic Health System Foundation.
The Manager of Claims and Litigation is expected to manage the Marshfield Clinic, Inc. Self-Insured Professional Liability Trust and coordinate associated claims brought or threatened against covered persons/entities. Additional areas of responsibility included in claims and litigation management are: General Liability, D&O, EPL, fiduciary, anti-trust, property/builders risk, and cyber. This position is under general direction of the Director, Enterprise Risk Management.
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Risk Management, finance, law or paralegal certification/education; Juris Doctor Law degree preferred
- Seven years of experience managing hospital/medical professional and/or general liability cases
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated experience with investigations, claims management, and medical terminology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certified Professional in Health Care Risk Management (CPHRM) awarded by the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management within three years of hire; at time of hire preferred
Working at Marshfield Clinic Health System, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Low cost of living within clean, safe environments
- Stable communities and short commutes
- Outstanding schools and affordable housing
- Plenty of recreational activities for all four seasons
- Easy access to Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Comprehensive benefits package
Inquiries can be directed to Beth Westlund, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may apply directly through:
or through our career center at: www.marshfieldclinic.org/careers
Reference job# MC182174
Marshfield Clinic Health System
1000 N. Oak Ave., Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.