Catering Sales Executive
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: $45,000 - $55,000 (based on qualifications)
Responsible for meeting or exceeding catering-only sales targets for assigned territory. Actively and consistently prospect and develop new and existing accounts. Responsible for maintaining client contact to establish catering and timetable details. Develop proposals, contracts, group resumes, and catering details for client review and approval. Up-sell to clients with creative menus and event design enhancements geared towards higher guest satisfaction and increased revenue. Provide convention and catering materials to clients or prospective clients and establish payment and billing processes.
- Contact clients to establish catering, and timetable details. Discuss and develop proposals, contracts, group resumes, Banquet Event Orders (BEOs), etc. for client review and approval. Up-sell to clients with creative menus and event design enhancements geared towards higher guest satisfaction and increased revenues. Provide convention and catering materials to clients or prospective clients, and establishes payment and billing methods.
- Initiate action plan to approach and secure group/catering opportunities with focus on groups with potential for gaming. Actively and consistently prospect and develop new and existing accounts to achieve goals through telephone calls, marketing and outside sales calls, tours of facilities and email/written communications. Achieve personal and team related revenue goals. Propose creative strategies to increase sales.
- Coordinate catering books with appropriate departments, i.e., culinary, hotel, banquets, AV and security, to ensure client satisfaction. Work with departments on changes initiatied by clients related to menus, seating, hotel, AV needs, etc.
- Adhere to sales and catering processes and systems.
- Develop meeting room diagrams to ensure compliance with safety and fire codes and client's wishes. Contact clients if changes are required due to safety concerns.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective clients to solicit future sales. Responsible for driving guest loyalty by delivering excellent service throughout each guest experience. Contact client after convention or catering event to evaluate service provided. Address concerns which clients may have with appropriate department personnel.
- Combination of post-secondary education in sales, marketing, hospitality or related course work and catering sales experience with extensive knowledge of banquet menus and room sets to equal three years.
- Excellent PC knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products and catering software management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with a diverse group of people.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of safety and fire codes.
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record and reliable transportation.