Coordinator III, Center for the Common Good
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Coordinator III, Center for the Common Good
Posted Date 4 weeks ago(9/26/2018 12:34 PM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 330363
Department/Unit Center for the Common Good
FLSA Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Coordinator III position within the Center for the Common Good.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Coordinator supports community engagement and changemaking initiatives sponsored by the Center for the Common Good. The Coordinator maintains relationships across the university and within the broader community in order to expand on and deepen these initiatives. This position primarily supports the CCG's Associate Director and Assistant Director in community engagement and related Center activities.
The Coordinator implements events and activities sponsored by the Tommies Together Volunteer Center (TTVC), Academic Community Engagement (ACE), and Ashoka U Changemaking initiative, which include assisting with and facilitating various campus and community collaborations and events. Success in this position requires the ability to work in a team, collaboration, creativity, and problem-solving skills in order to foster community engagement and changemaking on-campus (in curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular arenas) and within the broader community.
The Coordinator operates under the direct supervision of the CCG's Associate Director. Weekends and evening hours required during programming times of year.
The coordinator will offer support to TTVC (approximately 20 hours per week) and ACE/CCG administration (20 hours per week).
- Assists in the management of events and activities related to UST's community engagement and changemaking efforts (curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular). Creates schedules, manages digital campaigns, facilitates day-to-day programs, monitors designations and mentors interns. Assists with Community Engagement Institute. Helps with scoping of ACE instructors and detailing all course and club designations.
- Logs and monitors hours with TommieLink, including monitoring hours for student clubs, providing logistical support (transportation), and database management. Collects data and organizes data for ACE including designation of ACE and Changemaking courses. Considers trends and makes recommendations (i.e. projects for student clubs and designations) and assures policy implementation across the Center. Edits policies as needed.
- Assists in the monitoring and management of university partnerships such as those with formal strategic partners Catholic Charities and Catholic Relief Services. Prepares and summarizes data for annual reports to share with community partners.
- Contributes to managing logistics, including budgeting, allocation of stipends, program assessment, data collection, program orientation, travel arrangements, scheduling, and other activities in support of the TTVC, ACE and CCG. Supports scholarships and submits paperwork for sponsored programs.
- Assists with reflective instruction within TommieLink and orientation programming in collaboration with Student Affairs and Faculty.
- Coordinates communications with stakeholders through the CCG website and OneStThomas intranet venues, various social media platforms, and other media to support the Center's overall marketing and public relations efforts.
- A high school degree or the equivalent
- Four years of administrative/clerical experience
- A B.A. from an accredited college or university
- Recent experience in higher education or in a business environment related to community engagement and social change programming.
- Experience in nonprofit organizations is of added value.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer