Dean, College of Health
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Dean, College of Health
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(9/26/2018 10:35 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 2018-3728
Department/Unit College of Health
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Dean opportunity within the new College of Health.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota's largest private university, seeks a forward-looking, entrepreneurial, and collaborative founding Dean to help create and lead an exciting and innovative new College of Health. This is a distinctive opportunity to build a college from the ground up and help train a new generation of highly skilled, culturally sensitive health care professionals who will help improve health care and health education in the Twin Cities region and beyond. The Dean, working with various stakeholders and constituents, will define and execute a broad vision for the College of Health that integrates healthcare teams, addressing health and wellness of the whole person, by bringing together St. Thomas' existing School of Social Work and the Graduate School of Professional Psychology with the new School of Nursing. The Dean will be a builder and a thought leader at the vanguard of health care integration.
The founding Dean of the College of Health will provide strategic, academic, and administrative leadership for the undergraduate and graduate programs within the newly formed College and guide the development of a unifying vision for the future. The Dean will foster an interdisciplinary, collaborative environment by building on faculty strengths in the two existing units – the School of Social Work and the Graduate School of Professional Psychology – while identifying opportunities for growth and partnership through a new School of Nursing and strategically plan further needs in other health care disciplines to address community needs. The Dean will build interdisciplinary opportunities across the university, as well as develop partnerships with the broader community in the Twin Cities region and beyond. St. Thomas seeks a leader with proven strategic leadership skills, an appreciation of the Catholic intellectual tradition, a strong commitment to shared governance, and the ability to build meaningful collaborations as the institution continually strives for excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Construct a unifying vision for the new College of Health
- Build partnerships across the university and beyond to address the health and wellness needs of the Twin Cities and the greater Minnesota region
- Conceptualize and implement academic programs to serve community needs
- Develop a student experience that creates innovative health and wellness leaders
- Set the tone and establish the internal culture of the College of Health
- Acquire and manage resources
The Dean must be an innovative and experienced academic leader with the capacity to build a brand new College; outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; and a commitment to providing high-quality health-related academic programs.
The successful candidate will meet most, if not all, of the following criteria:
- A terminal degree in a health-related field
- A record of proven leadership and administrative experience related to the work in the College or related multi-disciplinary programs
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Catholic higher education in general and the principles of Catholic social teaching in particular
- Understanding of, commitment to, and prior experience in serving underrepresented communities
- Interdisciplinary training and background
- Experience in working in integrated healthcare environments
- A forward-looking view of health and wellness
- Character and integrity that promote the value of transparency
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity; an understanding of its importance to the mission and richness of the University and its continued success
- A strong commitment to shared governance
- The ability to build meaningful collaborations as the institution continually striving for excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service
- Commitment to developing roles and partnerships for the College within the broader university and external community
- Ability to advocate internally and externally for financial and human resources
- Experience in recruitment, mentoring, and retention of diverse students, faculty, and staff in order to build an inclusive learning community
- Knowledge of undergraduate and graduate students and program needs
- Capacity to expand the global perspective of the curriculum and international partnerships
- Knowledge of accreditation and assessment both at the national and state level and an understanding of licensure requirements
- Knowledge of online course development and programs
- Experience with change management and an entrepreneurial and forward-looking approach to establishing this new college
- An astute understanding of finances and budgeting, including how to foster new revenue streams, fundraise, and streamline budgeting processes and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer