Supervisor II - Dining Services
Supervisor II - Dining Services
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(9/27/2018 10:28 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 800008
Department/Unit Dining Services - Auxiliary Services
FLSA Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Supervisor II position within the Dining Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Supervisor II - main duties are to prepare front counter area for daily business. Maintain inventory, cash handling, invoicing and grocery ordering to maintain low food costs. Coordinate with other supervisors; scheduling, planning and menu development.
1. Supervise daily operations of T's
- Open dining room for daily operations
- Set up cash drawers
- Review deliveries for accurate quantities and quality
- Review daily staffing schedule and communicate any deficiencies to P.M. supervisor
- Serve customers as needed
- Communicate with student groups for daily events as needed
- Monitor and maintain menu standards to produce consistent products
- Assist as necessary in any/all work stations
2. Maintain weekly inventory
- Conduct weekly inventory with accuracy
- Enter weekly inventory in to Cbord
3. Completing daily cash deposits and invoicing
- Maintaining petty cash
- Depositing daily cash sales with business office
- Recording of daily sales
4. Ability to order groceries and food supplies for T's
- Order food and supplies and maintain par levels
- Contact vendors as necessary
5. Supervise full time staff and student employees effectively
- Daily/weekly training and coaching of staff
- Hiring and orientation of new student staff
- Discipline staff as necessary
6. Maintain clean and sanitary work location
- Train employees on proper food safety and sanitation practices
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Four (4) years of experience in food service
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer