IT Client Systems Engineer
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Areas of Responsibility:
Responsible for developing an effective and efficient global end-user computing environment which meets users' needs and expectations including stability, maintainability, performance, and recoverability. Deploy and maintain an enterprise workstation and software management framework and associated systems. Design, test, implement and maintain company-wide standard desktop/laptop images, along with creation and maintenance of all processes and associated documentation. Research, test, certify and document operating system upgrades and patches to be deployed into the organization, as well as define associated processes. Create, test, document and maintain unassisted installs of software updates and new installs, as well as custom desktop configurations. Perform software certification and packaging to ensure purchased and in-house developed software application do not have a determent impact to the computing environment.
Responsible for designing, creating and testing Windows images and application packages that will be used across the enterprise. Responsible for automating OS installations; Performs hardware and software evaluations and make recommendations; Performs application Compatibility / Interoperability Testing / Application Packaging; Performance Tuning and Monitoring for the desktop and laptop environments; Develop and maintain documentation required to support the Windows desktop hardware, desktop software, and laptop infrastructure; Works on desktop and laptops based projects.
Responsible for providing level III escalation support of incidents and problems for all desktop and associated client technologies.
- Installation, configuration, support and maintenance of existing and new hardware and software.
- Maintain accurate system hardware, software, documentation of standards, procedures, CMDB upkeep, functional testing, process flows and other diagrams. Maintain accurate system hardware and software inventory. Builds and maintains service catalog. Product evaluation on hardware and software solutions. Warranty work on systems and equipment. Maintain knowledge base. Research around standard solutions for hardware software.
- Day-to-day administration of system adds/moves/changes. Documents all problems (hardware, application, facility.) and takes corrective action as required. Interfaces with other departments as required. Provide Level 2 support for 24x7 business operations including on-call. Multitask and teamwork. Follow incident, problem and escalation processes fulfillment.
- Installation, support and maintenance of backup and recovery. Monitors environment health and the facilitation of high severity incidents to improve the state of service availability and continuity. Coordinates the efforts of all functions to complete scheduled maintenance in a timely manner. Calls hardware/software vendors, if needed, to request assistance in trouble shooting. Monitors and maintains IT Technology desktop stability and security.
- Any combination of post secondary education in Business, Information Technology or related IT field and IT related experience to equal 5 years.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and sound judgment.
- Hands on experience with multiple IT technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of incident, problem and escalation process.