Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
The Design Engineer will be responsible for the Packaging Engineering, including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement. The successful candidate will report directly to the VP of Engineering, and collaborate with design, purchasing and manufacturing teams on design projects.
- Proficient with Pro Engineer/Creo modeling for machine and component design.
- Design/Engineer mechanical assemblies, parts and systems for new and existing products.
- Create and manage bills of materials, design layouts, drawings and other documentation for products.
- Maintains and controls Engineering files, ECO’s, records, and documentation for part and equipment drawings.
- Develop design changes on existing products to improve manufacturing process and or cost reductions.
- Create drawings for manufacturing components.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member within development teams.
- Assist in the creation of Product Requirements, Design Specifications, and Validation Test Requirements documents.
- Deliver technical conceptualization efforts and vision for future product development.
- Provide part obsolescence design activities as required.
- Ability to provide professional customer service as occasionally needed.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites or product shows infrequently.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Proficient with 3-dimensional drawing software, preferred Pro Engineer. (Solid Works, AutoCAD)
- Must have extensive knowledge of principles, and procedures of Mechanical Engineering to include the design process from concept through manufacturing.
- Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes.
- Can work effectively in cross functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Electrical design assemblies including PLC and HMI.
- Packaging equipment design
Engage Technologies Corp. offers a competitive compensation pkg., including medical and dental benefits and company matched 401 (k) / Profit sharing.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is located in Brooklyn Park MN.
WE HELP COMPANIES DELIVER PRODUCTS TO THE WORLD
Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey and AFM, Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. American Film & Machinery is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty shrink sleeve labeling equipment, shrink tunnels, and shrink sleeve consumables.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Engage Technologies is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly