Sr Engineering Manager - POS
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
Our portfolio creates the technical solutions that facilitate in store checkout as well as returns and payments for stores and digital channels to support a growing $72 billion, Fortune 40 retailer. We aim to help our guests and team members by providing a reliable, secure and frictionless sales, returns and payment experience. Our engineers are responsible for keeping this large-scale operation running as well as building the next generation of checkout experiences. We use the latest open source and open stack tools while leveraging cutting edge software to define and construct custom developed solutions. We work on autonomous teams, incorporating the latest technical practices, write code to handle massive scale, and take on full accountability for a product's technical performance.
The team you would lead is the POS services team. This team aids the POS experiences teams by providing relevant orchestration of enterprise APIs as well as stores specific APIs common across all POS form factors (registers, hand-helds, self-checkouts etc). Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you:
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
Requirements for Software Development:
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 1+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
·Experience operating medium to large scale systems
·Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
·BS degree in computer science or equivalent
·Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
·Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
·Working knowledge on Kubernetes containers, cloud platforms like Google cloud, performance optimization of JVM based APIs (memory and garbage collection fine-tuning) and Java/Kotlin/GoLang.
·Experience in building backend for frontend applications responsible for underlying orchestrations and providing a fast and concise response to frontend.
·Prior experience of commerce (cart,calculations,checkout, payments etc.).