Assistant Director - Multicultural & International Programs & Services
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Assistant Director in the Multicultural and International Programs & Services.
The Assistant Director of Multicultural Programs & Services is responsible for the planning and implementation of recruitment, and engagement strategies for students of color and alumnae of color at St. Catherine University.
• Develop, implement and coordinate outreach strategies for prospective students of color at St. Catherine University through relationship building.
• Plan and implement projects (some grant-funded) including two, weeklong residential summer college immersion programs for high school women of color (The First Step Institute). This also includes follow-up with these participants throughout the year.
• Interact with the St. Kate's community, local communities and organizations of color as well as high schools in programming and outreach.
• Coordinate corn bread and chili nights as well as the women of color full circle Gathering to connect Alumnae and current students.
• There are also opportunities for committee involvement and facilitating multicultural education/diversity training.
• Provide Supportive advising to St. Kate's students and student organizations, electronic newsletter, and MIPS desk coverage as needed.
• Foster educational opportunities and collaborate with external communities.
• Explore new mentoring models and possibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three year's experience working with diverse student populations required.
• Masters of Counseling or Student Affairs in Higher Ed. Preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of multicultural education, college support services/resources, recruiting strategies, racial identity development, and systemic oppression.
• Experience working with first-generation college students, immigrant and refugees and engaging with GLBTQIA+ and communities of color.
• Demonstrated experience in program development/implementation, group facilitation.
• Strong administrative, organizational, writing and interpersonal skills.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to interact comfortably with a wide range of people.
• Previous experience working in higher or secondary education preferred.
• Multicultural education (diversity) training experience is a plus.
To apply: : Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180073-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org Preferred Qualifications
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.